Saturday, November 12, 2011

Westernwriter inspiration, no. 11

Here is this week's omnibus of #westernwriter inspirations posted each day at twitter [click to enlarge]. If you are on twitter, you can follow me @rdscheer.

Plaza, Arcata, California, c1905
Toll Gate Saloon, Blackhawk, Colorado, 1897
Laying tracks on the Prescott & Eastern Railroad, Arizona Territory, c1898
Teacher and students, Helena, Montana, 1893
Monte Cristo gold mine, California, 1890s
Rounding the curves on Marshall Pass, Colorado, 1898
Skating party, Fort Keogh, Montana, c1890

Photo credits: Wikimedia Commons

Coming up: Old West glossary, no. 21

5 comments:

  1. Seeing the photo of the laying of the railroad tracks reminded me of the AMC channel series, HELL ON WHEELS. It started last Sunday but you can still catch the pilot tonight at 10 pm. The second installment will be on AMC tomorrow, Sunday at 9 or 10 pm. A very violent show but a high quality production.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear there's a pic of me with my 1st or 2nd grade class that is pretty similar to that teacher and students pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Skating Party reminds me of my days skating on a pond, no girls allowed, when I was in the 8th or ninth grade. Nice selection of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only two customers... it must not have been happy hour at the Toll Gate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of track laying, "just plant them on the ground!"

    ReplyDelete