Friday, March 11, 2011

Photo-finish Friday: Sign of the times



Here in LA, we've been watching gas prices go up around town like a rising tide. I snapped this on an evening this week at the corner of Sepulveda and Santa Monica Blvd. You can pay more in some places if you like.

Four bucks a gallon is a bargain, I know, if you're in Europe. But in a congested city with a poor excuse for public transportation, the alternatives to driving are limited. So you ride the tide.

Photo-finish Friday is the bright idea of Leah Utas over at The Goat's Lunch Pail

10 comments:

  1. We're heading over to Arizona, where prices are lower, for the weekend. Yes, I've been tracking prices since last week, from $3.49 now to $3.95

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, I'd love 4 buck a gallon. Over here you'd be pay 9.6 bucks (current exchange rates) per gallon! It's ridiculous. As Leah says, that is a scary photo. I paid £1.41 per litre the other day.

    On that note, have a great weekend, Ron. Hahaha!! If you can't laugh about it you'd go insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You folks have it a little worse but we are catching up with you very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting high here too, though not quite that high yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch. And I thought the 3.19 I filled up with this morning was bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just filled up tonight! I have finished crying now!
    My Jeep takes around 60 litres. At £1:45p per litre?????????/

    Thats $145:00 dollars! Just to fill the tank......OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's about $3.65 here... and it takes 20+ gallons to fill up my truck. If the weather breaks soon, I'll be riding my bicycle to the office.

    On another note, with you being from the Platte River area, have I asked if you are familiar with poet William Kloefkorn? Author of Platte Valley Homestead among other books of poetry?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regular is about $3.75 around here right now, but it fluctuates constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm driving to Phoenix this weekend, and the rate right now in L.A. is about $3.99. I dread this drive. My car isn't good on gas.

    ReplyDelete