Friday, March 25, 2011

Photo-finish Friday: Signs and portents


This road sign in Riverside, California, turned out to be prophetic. The news came on Tuesday. I seem to have a torn rotator cuff, which accounts for a sore shoulder I've had for six weeks.

The physical therapist says he thinks we can get back to normal again without surgery. So doing the prescribed PT routines is my new religion, along with ice compresses and arthritis strength Tylenol. Wish me luck with this.

Photo-finish Friday is the bright idea of Leah Utas over at The Goat's Lunch Pail.

11 comments:

  1. HA! Good luck with the PT, Ron. You'll be back to good health in no time.....if you follow the physio's instructions.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about your signs from Dog. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom healed his badly hurt shoulder without surgery, so it can be done. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very painful. I wish you success with therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch. My wife had that a year or so ago and had surgery for it. It came out wonderfully so I hope yours will too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this won't cramp your style with the posting of articles about western fiction and books! Hope you recover soon, though my experience has show me things don't get better as I age; they get worse. I wish you better luck than I've had...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like that's a pretty common malady. I guess you'll have to leave all the first-pitch-throwing-outs at Dodger Stadium to Laurie Powers, eh?

    I've had some shoulder problems, but nothing that serious. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must be painful? ....Still, you`ve got another shoulder????LOl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep up with the exercising and rest afterward with a hot pad. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no, hope you feel better soon. diclofenic's supposed to be pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  11. It will work! It will work! Just stick to it. (Gosh, I hope it doesn't interfere with your book reviews...) :-)

    ReplyDelete