Friday, September 2, 2011

Photo-finish Friday: out and about


Better pictures have been taken of this landmark in central Los Angeles, but I can say that this is what I saw with my own eyes. It's St. Vincent de Paul church on Adams and Figueroa, on a fine late-summer afternoon. Built in the 1920s in this formerly fashionable neighborhood, it's a 20 minute walk from where I work.

Photo-finish Friday is the bright idea of Leah Utas over at The Goat’s Lunchpail.

Coming up: Buffalo Bill (1944)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the peek at your world, Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your LA pictures, Ron. Christa Faust has a tumblr blog where she just posts pictures from her out and abouts in the city, and I enjoy those too. Love to see the environments of other people's day-to-day jaunts, especially a city I like . . . like LA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful church, Ron.

    "It's what I saw with my own eyes..." Those are the best photos, aren't they?

    Thanks for a lookr round your neighborhood. Apologies for not getting over the past couple of weeks, buddy. TFFO and writing have been heavy going recently ( mainly due to time management - or lack of )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah, thanks for dropping by. Always glad to be part of Photo Finish Friday.

    Chris, thanks. I'll try to keep them coming.

    David, no problem. I know what it's like to have too many irons in the fire.

    ReplyDelete