Thursday, February 28, 2013

A year of interviews


Cowhand and rope, Colorado, 1974
It’s time to look back over the last twelve months and make mention of the generous authors who have generously consented to interviews here at BITS. While my priority is chiefly the reading of early westerns (1880-1915) for a forthcoming book, it’s a genuine pleasure to converse with actual living writers. I get to ask them questions about their work in a way that would otherwise make for pretty one-sided conversations with those authors who are long gone.

Here is I hope a complete list of interviews with writers busily at work contributing to what has been well over a century of western fiction. If you see one you missed, just click on through to it.

Chuck Tyrell, Big Enough





















If you know of one that I left out, let me know. It was not intentional.



Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons

Coming up: Robert Alexander Wason, Happy Hawkins (1909)

5 comments:

  1. This is just another reason that there is just one blog that I read every day... yours. I am looking forward to another great 12 months. Thanks, Ron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mark. Your own blog with its intelligent discussion of poetry and other subjects is an oasis in the storm. A great place to stop on any given day for a moment of calm.

      Delete
  2. I remember reading most of these interviews and I learned much about westerns and the way these wonderful authors write them. Many thanks, Ron.

    ReplyDelete