Sunday, March 30, 2014

Zzzzz


After several days of mostly sleeping, plus various meds for headache and vague malaise, and meals of soup, graham crackers, and herb tea, I wake to a day that feels good to be alive—no pain, no nausea. I lie there thinking, “Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

The gusty winds that have closed roads for days with dust clouds have calmed, and a Scott’s oriole is in the palo verde outside the bedroom window when we open the blinds. A wave of welcome energy lasts me a couple of hours for writing, and then I grudgingly concede that another day of bed rest is what I need more than sitting here at this computer.

More next time.

Previously: Losing it

9 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. The sound of birds always cheers me up!
    ~Cheryl Ann~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest is often the best medicine and an oriole in a tree never hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron, I hope you continue to feel better and get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep hanging in there, Ron. Spring is on the way -- would enjoy hearing what's blooming in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful to hear that you had a good day. Here's to more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will feel so much better once those meds end. Enjoy your rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a good long rest to cure the minor ills. I don't mean sleep all the time, but relax and let iyour mind work its magic.

    ReplyDelete